Monday, May 19, 2008

Bikes, Books, Cupcakes and Cats


For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can. - Ernest Hemingway

Update on Hunter Weeks next project. We're talking beyond 10 Yards... and I can see why he is mulling whether to keep or drop the 10 theme.

I didn't realize until I listened to the interview later that I botched a reference to the old school baseball fan camps...where guys joined the team for Spring Training, wore the gear...etc...

This fantasy football is virtual. I also can appreciate how easy it could be to mix up the titles. At least I remembered to mute the speaker volume. (Echo.)


His project next is that amazing bike ride across the Rocky Mountains...(Now including) Canada to New Mexico. Not for the faint of heart: The Great Divide. If you have the stamina, the dirt roads, incredible scenery and mountain passes galor beckon. Boasting over 200,000 feet of elevation gain. This guy did it last year.

Had fun at the Literary Fest on The Plaza (second one). Met Karen Tack, author of Hello Cupcake at a day-after Brunch. Cupcakes with personality? You bet! She apologized for having to work harder at creating cats. Dogs are her forte. The big hit was cupcake spaghetti! The book, now on the NYT Best Seller list.

Want more fun with cupcakes? Try the cupcake challenge.

Another Lit Fest fav is currently researching the letters of Ernest Hemingway. A wonderful storyteller herself, the upcoming product - Ernest Hemingway in Letters, Literature and Life by Linda Patterson Miller - sounds like a rare opportunity to gain new insight into a writing legend.

Another thing Mr. Hemingway is known for - having a cat with six toes. The Hemingway Cats.

No comments: