Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pets as Divine Messengers

I hope to make people realise how totally helpless animals are, how dependent on us, trusting as a child must be that we will be kind and take care of their needs. - James Herriot

When Allen and Linda Anderson first started writing about Angel Pets, it wasn't the mainstream topic it is today. However, they may very well be part of the reason it has become mainstream.

Pet lovers responded with an outpouring of stories of similar tales and Allen and Linda kept writing. New in 2008: Saying Goodbye to Your Angel Animals: Finding Comfort after Losing Your Pet (Aug.) and Angel Dogs with a Mission: Divine Messengers in Service to All Life (Oct.)

Angel Animals Network is sponsoring the 2008 Angel Horse Contest
- looking for the world's most thought-provoking horse stories for publication in their book, Angel Horses with a Mission (New World Library, Fall '09). Interested? Cash prizes and no entry fee.

Allen Anderson says, "By showing how the immense spirit, heart, and intelligence of horses enables them to fulfill a higher purpose, we hope the power of true stories will persuade people to challenge brutality and the practice of treating horses as disposable possessions."

Worth Adding to the Book Library - Angel Horses: Divine Messengers of Hope

I love the Anderson's focus and have no doubt about the presence of Angel Pets. Some of my pets are with me still; and that is one of the reasons I have chosen to pursue the path I am on.

American homes with pets in 2007 - 63% (71 million households)

-- Denise Zak has that same love for animals and a wonderful connection with horses as well. I started drawing pictures of them until I got my first horse when I was 11. Although I don't have a horse at the moment, the connection was strong and a powerful magnet and part of my dream world for as long as I can remember. Working with a Native American Shaman, she identified my horse totem immediately.

Denise and I have found that - in addition to the choosing to develop our intuitive abilities - our quirky commonalities include a stint in the Cosmetics Industry. We'll be doing a show together once a month on Talking to Nightlights to offer intuitive insight and share our perspectives on reading people and pets. Starts the 2nd Wednesday in June. (I like Denise - she's already seeing us as syndicated!!)

Personal readings are available only on the phone. It doesn't have the same flow with the text format.

-- Guest Christine Ramos was frustrated by a lack of information on developing intuitive and spiritual connections with children, so she wrote one. She has a site/blog to support the endeavor that offers some wonderful support for moms second guessing that gut guidance.

Even with her hectic schedule, she checks in from time to time. The book is a great resource for insight into exactly what the blog title suggests, Intuitive Nurturing.

Sandy's daughter has the book, A Journey into Being and gave it a rave review... I'll let Sandy add that perspective. (Sandy: Tag! YOU'RE IT !!)

2 comments:

Norie said...

Wendy,
Thanks for this great post on angel pets. I have a friend who may have a horse story so I'll get her the link you provided for the horse book.

Looked for a way to contact you directly but couldn't find it on your writing site or here, so in a comment is as good a place as any. I've linked to your site -initially for all the cool technical widgits you've included on the sidebar.

http://bloglogalog.blogspot.com/2008/06/blog-with-all-kinds-of-cool-widgets-and.html

I found your site on blogged when I was doing research on a friend's writing site: www.lisauncorked.blogspot.com. Your site came up as a related blogsite. Your site had not yet been reviewed on blogged, so I'll click the request editor review.

And of course, I'll have to come back and find out what Conscious Living, as you webcast it, is all about! At times in my life I have been known to say that nothing is more important to me than increasingly conscious living.

Until next time, cheers!

wendy said...

Hello! Thank you for the kind words. I am glad to send anyone with a cool horse story to the Andersons. They will no doubt create an amazing result.

I like finding cool widgets and sometimes give them a test run to see what clicks. The Free eCard site and Petfinder are two of my favorites.

I can be reached at lite4one at aol.com

Thanks for the link and for checking me out! :)