Monday, August 18, 2008

Thought for the Day

“There is something in every one of you that waits and listens for the sound of the genuine in yourself. It is the only true guide you will ever have. And if you cannot hear it, you will all of your life spend your days on the ends of strings that somebody else pulls.” - Howard Thurman

Expect a redirect in the focus of our shows. Sandy and I are still working out logistics on how to best present our content and setting up more interviews but I realized after the segment with Eva Herr that I really need to focus more on those things that I am being drawn to now that I am out of radio. My life focus shifted dramatically after the Nightlight encounter and those topics that hold my interest shifted as well.

The big phobia about actually writing a book on the whole life-altering metaphysical experience had to do with worrying about employment. I have addressed that... Fence sitting can get awkward after a time. While novel and entertaining on most days, it wasn't very practical over the long haul and even worse - it was dull.

So - I will incorporate more of the metaphysical that I kept separate into the whole of the presentations and the topics. After all, that is how Sandy and I met in the first place.

Thank you very much for your interest and for listening. We very much appreciate the feedback (and the downloads!). I am curious about others who have undergone those same life shifts but - for now - we are following the tug of curiosity for all things novel and unexplained.

Oliver Sacks wrote about a man who had an amazing metamorphosis after a near death encounter. His made a complete life overhaul after being struck by lightening. I empathize with that process.



The story on Dr. Anthony Cicoria ran in The New Yorker. And an interview aired on NPR.

No comments: