Monday, February 9, 2009

Wichita Paranormal Examiner - My New Column

He who is not busy being born is busy dying. - Bob Dylan

The Examiner column is live and marks a new era of my life. I am - for the first time - being monetarily compensated for what I write about spirituality and my amazing paranormal/metaphysical journey.

It has taken over a decade to get to this point. And -- in truth -- several decades. I have had a pencil, pen or some form of writing utensil in my hand since childhood and various pics of me at a favorite childhood sunbathing haunt show me with journal in hand.

So here it is... When I think of how important this day is, I really had no clue. I had written off so many years ago the potential of becoming a writer because I knew in my heart I could never be a Hemingway or a Twain. I was too intrigued by the real world to linger long in fiction... add to that I didn't want the nightmares that I got in emulating Stephen King...

My imagination works beyond good. I had to shut it down fast and get the ghosts out of the machine to find a solid foundation from which to engage them.

I kept writing and stayed grounded. I found a different path without thinking about writing the book stuff and learned how to write news copy...meant to be spoken and delivered...never seen. Ha! So you might recognize a few of the short cuts I will most likely prefer over any formal writing style. They add emphasis, pauses and light.

Turns out, in writing for the web, that style works. So in my own little spiral, I ended up where I never dared to dream I could. I am now exploring the world I find so fascinating and beguiling and writing about what I know from my amazing window into the metaphysical realm as a Wichita Paranormal Examiner. And so it goes.

Some of that information will include the interview content and the connections I am so fortunate to develop through the Conscious Living Talkcast. Who knew? I had to learn to how to speak what I had to say - so that I could write it better...Shorter, sharper stronger: Mervin Block - you are a treasure.

I even get a button....

No comments: