Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A second glance at Nic Askew

I've watched Nic Askew evolve his short films over the past few years and become a loyal fan. I like the short presentation and appreciate just how hard it can be to condense and edit hours into minutes and seconds. I know my own content is much improved in the process.

However, the trick is to leave enough of the raw stuff in so as not to make it look over produced or contrived. Each of his clips manages to showcase whomever is featured in such a way so as to illuminate their unique life glow.

No matter how many of his films I have seen, I am always up for the newest addition. This film explores beauty and how much can be missed when one measures only upon first glance.


'the second glance' from Nic Askew on Vimeo.

Please join us for a few minutes with Nic (4/29/09) as we talk with a very inspired short film creator. I also like the guitar embellishments he adds with just a few simple notes.

No comments: