Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Flight of Fancy -- Inspired by Erica

“Will you ever? I don’t think you will ever fully understand how you've touched my life and made me who I am. I don't think you could ever know just how truly special you are that even on the darkest nights you are my brightest star.” - Erica Jong - (American writer and feminist, 1942)

Between work projects and scheduling guests, I revel in my free time. I meditate, write and dream. I c-r-e-a-t-e.

My mind wanders and the heart takes wing to soar upon the silken threads of imagination -- weaving vivid scenes of shamanic encounters while seeking divine inspiration ... contemplating mystic union...Here I am...

Aloft, caught between the updraft of a shooting star and last night's dream; suddenly, I land on a memory triggered by a fleeting image on the page... Delighted, I return -- back to view what I might otherwise have daydreamed past.

I find I have rediscovered Erica, joyful celebrant of the prodigal daughter in radiant bloom.

Glowing from my screen... she dazzles upon view ... unabashed candor, her words flower in poetic verse...

Dramatic pretense absent...The power she wields in such effortless form, deftly showcasing the art of seduction without artifice ...

Celebrate the spoken word. Erica Jong will light up your room.

No comments: