Thursday, July 2, 2009

Update on the World's Greatest Music Collection?

The film got a Sundance nod ... but did the collection sell???

I posted this story a while back because it touched a nerve. Maybe it's a radio thing. Tons of history here... for music lovers across the board.

When I started my radio career, we were still cueing records. The sound of vinyl is much different than the current audio. There is texture and a dimensional element to it. As for quality, even the scratched stuff had sentimental value.

A collection valued at 50 million... he's asking 3... incredible history in vinyl. I was awed when I first saw this.. still am...Does anyone have an update on whether he found a buyer??

I checked back to follow up and see the status and noticed the Sundance nod... well deserved!!



The Archive from Sean Dunne on Vimeo.

No comments: