Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Twelve by Twelve - what shape is the world?

~ Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. - Groucho Marx

We can talk about all the ways our lives must/should/can be changed and shifted to create less damage to the ecosystem but there are some who argue the changes we have already made are creating the a new environment we have yet to define...

Clear-cutting, toxin dumping, pest control, drug treatment - altered bodies/air/water/soil -- The fallout is and will continue to make an impact. What difference can our small change make? The difference is in who we are and where we choose to focus our priorities as a result.

Could you live the life of Twelve by Twelve (William Powers)? Rather than some gigantic demonstration, output or display in the manifest world, change starts with an idea.

The idea here -- a reverberating echo -- SIMPLIFY. - William Powers Blog

Nature and her inhabitants of all species are telling us things have changed. Migration patterns have shifted. Habitats are changing. Weather patterns are altering. Whatever word one puts on that situation, we live the result.

Change - one, easy step at a time, right where you are. Author of the book 1001 Ways to Save the Earth, this vid features Joanna Yarrow -




350.org ‎- "I cannot accept that we must disappear, so others can carry on polluting." - President Nasheed of the Maldives