Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spotlight on Potential - the Extraordinary Patrick Henry Hughes

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward. - Amelia Earhart


Maybe you have heard about or seen the interviews about Patrick Henry Hughes. If you have, you can appreciate why the story is a timeless story of empowerment. The relationship he and his father share is extraordinary and incredibly heartwarming.

On the days when I look around at my list of impossibles and think myself too small to go the distance or to endure another redirect. When I am tempted to focus on my failings and all the things I wish I had been given a second chance to perfect; with the thought that it might have given me a better perspective on my now, I search out stories of exceptional others to help me remember where I can plug the energy leak I seem to have sprung, causing me to do a circular dog-paddle in my moment of uncertainty about the seemingly overwhelming pile on my plate.

In the past, I might not have known that was what I was doing as I began my search. Now, before I even register that sense of hesitancy and pause, I am greeted with a message to follow a storyline. I connect the dots and there I sit - with the answer in front of me.

What do my angels and guides do to help me go the distance when I cannot know the outcome or even the destination? They feed me carrots of awe ... and I am inspired to dig deeper, push harder, believe more passionately and invest myself more fully in the creation of my present, knowing that we are all here for a purpose, even when we do not know what that purpose is. A wonderful sense of humor, those who guide us have about our constant insistence on KNOWING what the heck is going on in every moment. Some know, others trust. I look at my blinking and flashing nightlight...smile...and carry on.

Purpose can require us to move or sit still...but, most of all, it requires us to live and love the opportunity to be here now, doing all that is required in being fully human. In that doing, with love, (and even in doing our mistakes) we become connected to our fully divine essence. Patrick illuminates divine guidance in action.   



Engage your potential.
Patrick Henry Hughes
I Am Potential - Patrick's Book
Reviews for I am Potential
Conscious Living on Empower Radio
Talking to Nightlights
Simple Truths - the source of today's awe inspiring carrot.  (Thank YOU!)

No comments: